Ready to join? Depending on where you are, we have two paths forward:
- Chapter Membership: Students at universities which have an active chapter can register for free through their university's annual chapter dues. It's simple, fast, and helps you expand the experience and education you get from local projects (and makes placing ESW on your resume a valid option). Head here to see a list of current chapters, or click here to register as a chapter member.
- Faculty, Professional, and At-Large Membership: All professionals and faculty members can register for $75/year. Students without an active chapter can register as a member-at-large for $10/year. If you're interested in starting a chapter, see our new chapter inquiry page. Both students-at-large and professionals can register here.
- Corporate Membership: Companies can join ESW, support our programs and goals, and get free professional membership for all of their employees. In addition, you'll get access to a network of students from top universities around the country, and priority when we're looking for new partners or conference participants. Membership is priced based on number of employees - if you're interested in joining, see the brochure and contact Melinda George to chat! Employees of current members can register here.
Our members are at the core of what we do, providing the energy, ideas, and initiative to create projects and educate themselves and others. Our goal as an organization is to provide support for our members, connect people doing similar things, collect best practices, and encourage the spread of sustainability in as many realms as possible. We also aim to provide unique opportunities such as inter-chapter design challenges and project grants.
Some of the many reasons to register as a member include:
- Discounts on event registrations - save 20%+ off the general rate (30-60% on short courses).
- Getting involved in projects through a local chapter.
- Access to archives for our online educational content, including leadership skills, design skills, and technology speakers.
- Access to our Opportunities Bank, including jobs, internships, and contests.
- Supporting a movement to infuse sustainability into every technical discipline.