Leadership Team Overview
ESW-HQ functions primarily because of our core volunteer team. These dedicated individuals manage day-to-day operations, creation and implementation of new programs, and relations with other organizations. While these positions are unpaid, they offer the opportunity to guide an international organization and create change at an overarching level. All positions will require 5-10 hours of work a week, and transportation costs to HQ events will be covered as appropriate. Participation in the Leadership Team offers the opportunity to engage with fiercely passionate people on a national level, work on new ideas across disciplines and sectors, and implement sustainability. If this sounds exciting, we hope you will join us. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented individuals so that our leadership better represents the diversity of the ESW community!
Please note: While we are often looking for volunteers for specific projects or initiatives (as with annual LT recruitment), inquiries about unavailable or non-specific positions may receive a response -- we'll do our best to find a way for you to help!
Our general requirements, regardless of position, are as follows:
- You need to be a current ESW member, either through a chapter in good standing or an at-large membership. This is easily accomplished at this page.
- You need to be passionate about sustainability, and agree with our mission, vision, and values.
- You do need to be able to commit time to the organization, including regular conference calls. We find that in order to be effective, most positions require 5-10hrs/week on average, fluctuating by season.
- Self-motivation is important for the digital environment that we work in.
- You don't have to be familiar with ESW-HQ - we're friendly people, and we'd love to meet you.
How to Apply
You can apply to any of the positions below by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Projects and Education Department
Projects and Education Director
Education Coordinator: Short Courses
Chapter Relations Department
Chapter Relations Coordinator
International Development Coordinator
Professional Coordinator: Technology
Communications and Technology Department
Communications and Technology Director
Communications and Technology Coordinator
Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator