For the third year in a row, ESW is excited to release the Request for Proposals for our 2016 Small Project Grants! Thanks to the generosity of our alumni and current members during the winter giving campaign, we have grant funding available for new or existing projects. Chapters can apply for up to $500 per chapter by March18. Awards will be presented at the Annual Conference banquet on April 9 to chapters selected for funding.
These grants are designed to help projects that otherwise would go unbuilt, and to support awesome new ideas that interest your members and contribute positively to campus and community sustainability. In the past, we were able to provide funds to several incredible projects:
- A Community Garden in Fenway Victory Gardens (Boston Professional Chapter)
- Solar Smoothie Cart (Purdue University)
- Prototype Waste Collection System for Rural India (Georgia Tech)
- Apparatus X,a mobile design studio for post-disaster community design engagement (Penn State)
- Greenhouse Aquaponic System (Georgia Tech)
- Solar Laptop Charging Station (Smith)
- Solar Chicken Coop (Eastern Mennonite University)
Penn State's Apparatus X Design
This year, we hope to find equally exciting projects to support! If you're interested, check out the full Request for Proposals here, and be sure to get your application (including a description of the project, budget, and timeline) submitted to Erin Lennox (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 18. Note that to apply, your chapter must be in good standing with ESW at the time of application.